We are currently seeking a Scala / Spark Software Developer that is fluent in both AWS, Scala & Spark & to be a technical resource for the development of clean and maintainable code and to work on the integration of enterprise data into a cohesive analytical data warehouse. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills.
Cloud Scala Software Developer
We are currently seeking a Scala Software Developer that is fluent in Scala and web applications. The successful engineer will be a technical resource for the development of clean and maintainable code. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills.
At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
This is a full-time role with vacation, full benefits and 401k. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
The role is remote – U.S. located, only full time (NO– contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Understand our client’s fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stakeholders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Develop new applications and production application support
- Participate in detailed technical design, development, and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Develop understanding of client business processes, objectives, and solution requirements.
- Participate in project work groups with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand specific needs
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a highly performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Scala development-based software solutions
- Extensive enterprise experience in web applications
- Enterprise experience with relational and nonrelational database
- Hands on experience with Azure and/or Google cloud, Docker or Container Orchestration (Kubernetes) is a plus
- Hands on experience with Postgres, MySQL, or Redis technologies is a plus
- Hands on experience with Play framework
- Hands on experience with Java 8 a plus
- Hands on experience with NoSQL technologies
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Experience in Banking/Finance fields a plus
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Custom Software And Cloud Platform Needs.
Technology we use