RetailNext is the worldwide market leader and expert in brick-and-mortar retail analytics. We track more than a billion shopping trips per year by collecting data from nearly 100,000 sensors in retail stores and analyze trillions of data points annually. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, RetailNext is a growing global brand operating in more than 70 countries. Cutting-edge Computer Vision is at the core of the RetailNext’s suite of proprietary technologies.
Computer Vision Engineer
Our R&D team works on problems ranging from image registration, mosaicking, and 3D reconstruction to multiple object tracking and facial analysis. We recently branched out from our roots as a software company by designing and building our own cloud-managed stereo sensor, Aurora, that features onboard shopper detection and tracking analytics using video, in addition to WiFi and Bluetooth-based analytics and on-board HD video recording.
The need to understand shopper behavior drives us to research and develop theoretically and computationally/practically efficient algorithms for video analytics, and we’re looking for engineers excited by such problems. This engineer will have a strong understanding of multi-view geometry, an inventive eye for developing new techniques for our unique challenges and a desire to efficiently scale computer vision into large installations around the world.
The position requires a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, or Machine Learning. Strong programming skills in C/C++ and rapid prototyping experience in Python or MATLAB is required.
- Design, implement, validate, and release applications and capabilities in C++ and Python
- Develop robust software for integrating multiple sensors and tracking systems
- The candidate will lead the development of new algorithms, and work on improving the performance and efficiency of current algorithms
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Computer Vision, Multi-view Geometry, 3D Vision, SLAM, or Structure from motion
- C/C++ experience, and excellent software engineering skills
- Experience and/or education with linear algebra
- Experience hands-on implementation and product development experience for real-time sensing problems
- Experience developing for performance at both the algorithm and code levels
- Knowledge of multi-view camera systems, 3D reconstruction, bundle adjustment, intrinsic and extrinsic calibration methods, SfM using low-level image features, e.g., SIFT