Roadtrippers is a rapidly growing team, recently acquired by Togo Group, a Thor/THL joint venture. On the Roadtrippers platform, travelers can seamlessly discover, plan, and book their next trip all in one place. Using its database of millions of diners, national parks, museums, hotels and more, Roadtrippers is the ultimate road trip companion, generating unprecedented insight into audience and regional travel intent, patterns, and behaviors.
Roadtrippers Place Lab powers the geo-data for Roadtrippers consumer web and mobile applications and the underlying B2B services. Togo Group’s Places team is looking for a detail-oriented problem solver to join the team as a Data Engineer focusing on all things geo-data. This engineer will share the responsibility of data quality and fidelity with our engineering, data science, and data quality teams by developing better ways to evaluate, audit, augment, and ingest data about places.
- Work with the team in developing new models, algorithms, and processes to derive insights and improve our data quality
- Bridge data science (and potential AI/ML research) to build production-ready tools and pipelines that and improve the development efficiency
- Own production data pipelines including revisions, optimizations and detecting root-cause anomalies
- Assist in planning and implementation of data ingestion, sourcing, and automation projects
- Communicate with Engineering and Product teams about requirements and opportunities as it relates to new data and schema updates
- Contribute to application development for data initiatives
- Identify, participate and implement initiatives for continuous improvement of data ingestion, quality, and processes
- Manually manipulate data when necessary, while learning and applying these needs to scale future projects
- Reduce latency in updating data
- Experience with Data Science
- Experience with production-ready Machine Learning/AI model development is beneficial but not required
- Experience working with geospatial data is a huge plus
- Development experience with Ruby and Python
- Knowledge of SQL (ideally Postgres), Elasticsearch
- Experience with ETL and implementing Data Pipeline architecture
- AWS and SageMaker experience is particularly valuable
- Big data experience is ideal
- Understanding of web application architecture, Ruby and Ruby on Rails experience is a plus
- A “do what it takes” attitude and a passion for great user experience
- Strong communication skills and experience working with highly technical teams
- Passion for identifying and solving problems
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
What We Will Offer You
- Remote workplace- While our headquarters is in Cincinnati, the Roadtrippers team lives across the globe.
- Lunches and snacks- Drinks, kegs, and snacks available in the Cincinnati office. Team lunches on Tuesdays.
- Unlimited vacation- This is a partnership of people that want to build something great. We trust you to pull your own weight and manage your own time.
- Team led task management- Everyone on the team gets to decide what we work on to achieve our goals. We work in small, self-organized teams who determine the best tactics to support the vision and strategy set by leadership.
- Path to the top- We operate on merit. If you consistently work hard and improve your own knowledge set, there is no position that isn’t open to you.
- Great benefits- We pride ourselves on offering a multitude of healthcare options for you and your family, including healthcare (PPO & HDHP), dental, vision and more. We absorb the majority of the costs which means a much higher take-home pay for you. We also offer a matching 401k and an annual travel stipend.
- The tools for your job- A computer and all of the software you need to be successful in your role.
We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.