About the role
At Shopify, we want to make commerce better for everyone, everywhere. Countries differ in many ways in terms of language, culture, and how people engage with commerce. We want to embrace these differences and make Shopify the right platform for all merchants, no matter where they are on the planet.
Our Berlin office will focus on domestic merchants within Europe, and related functionalities and features. As the Lead Software Developer, your role will be to build and guide a team of developers, identify market opportunities, and consider important repercussions on how the International software engineering team builds and implements new projects and features. Part of your responsibilities will be to make sure we do this in a collaborative, efficient and sustainable way.
Requirements for the Role:
- Experience leading and guiding technical teams, keeping them focused and on task, while also collaborating and actively engaged in programming
- A genuine interest in European ecommerce market, cultural nuances and/or product localization.
- A generalist rather than a specialist – you’re excited by experimentation and unblocking anything that stands in the way of success
- A passion for efficiency and collaboration
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails, or the desire to learn quickly