We are the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce and Tumblr. We are looking for someone to join a team of data scientists and software engineers to build, deploy, and iterate on applications involving time series analysis, machine learning, natural language processing and/or search.
The Machine Learning Engineer position might be a good fit if you:
- Have hands-on experience in building and deploying data-intensive applications to production. You care about building reliable and testable infrastructure and pipelines. Familiarity with the Hadoop ecosystem and cloud computing services like AWS and GCP will be advantageous.
- Are motivated to propose technical solutions, own software architecture, evaluate technologies and infrastructure, or develop technical roadmaps for future applications.
- Have a demonstrated interest in understanding machine learning techniques and workflows like data preprocessing, feature extraction, and training and evaluation of classification and regression models.
- Bring programming skills in multiple programming languages and paradigms. You are likely to encounter Python, PHP, Scala, and SQL in this role and the idea of using them on a regular basis should not be a blocker for you.
- Are familiar with professional software engineering methods and standards such as coding conventions, code reviews, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Are open and able to travel 3-4 weeks per year to meet your teammates in person. We hold an annual all-company meeting every year, and meet up with our teams for a week once or twice per year.