Bazaarvoice has access to the sentiment contained in hundreds of millions of reviews on hundreds of millions of products across a variety of industries as well as the browsing behavior on close to 600 million users a month across our client sites. Our analytics teams leverages these data sets to help our clients build better products, build stronger relationships with their customers, and make decisions on when and where to offer products. Analytics creates Bazaarvoice products that help companies understand the competitive positioning of their products. A big area of business growth for Bazaarvoice will come from the efforts of our analytics team.
We are looking for a great software engineer to help build the reportable data store of Bazaarvoice data that will power our client-facing reporting, product performance reporting, and financial reporting. You will also help us aggregate data sets to build out known new product offerings related to analytics and media as well as a number of pilot initiatives based on this data. You will need to understand the business cases of the various products and build tools as well as data sets and access methodologies to support all of them in a scalable way. In addition, you will help us pick and choose the right technologies for this platform.
Skills and Experience Necessary for the Role:
- 3-5 years of experience with highly scalable distributed systems using open source tools.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy, support).
- An ability to demonstrate software engineering fundamentals such as OO design, unit testing, code reuse, code reviews.
- Nice to have experience building large-scale data processing systems with extensive knowledge in data warehousing solutions. This includes developing prototypes and proof-of-concepts for the selected solutions.
- Extensive knowledge in different programming/scripting languages such as Java, C++, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with one or more big-data infrastructures such as Hbase, Hadoop, Kafka, Casandra, or RDBMS.
- An understanding and experience building high-performance algorithms.
- Knowledge of the following technologies or concepts:
- Familiar with Hadoop, HBase, MapReduce, or other Big Data technologies.
- Data ETL and data modeling.
- Modern build tools such as Maven, Hudson, Github, etc.
- Agile development methodology.