A well rounded senior technology engineer who enjoys bringing robust, scalable, and immutable services to life. Your team will follow your lead to deliver innovative solutions to difficult problems across multiple distributed and highly-available environments. You understand DevOps practices and SRE principles and apply them strategically. You are energized by collaboration with your fellow software and operations engineers, senior leadership, and product management to produce extraordinary value for the organization. Most importantly you are a real person, and so are we.
Apptio’s Foundation Shared Services Team delivers key engineering infrastructure and support services. Our goal is to enable and accelerate success for each of Apptio’s engineering and business teams across Apptio’s entire product suite. We focus on cloud platform tooling, management, governance, observability, codebase integration testing, and CI/CD services. We succeed in our mission when we deliver highly automated solutions, design simplicity, and minimized manual effort. Foundation Shared Services projects are selected through regular feedback cycles, applied in small iterative updates, and reviewed frequently to test our assumptions.
- Experience with high level programming languages such as Python, Ruby, and Golang
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- Experience managing users and infrastructure in Cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP using IAC tools like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience building tooling around REST APIs
- Experience designing and managing CI/CD pipelines and other code coverage services