This is a ground floor opportunity within a young, rapidly scaling start-up where your data expertise will guide and influence ReCharge’s data adoption and how we incorporate data into processes and various functions. In this role, you’ll manage and build a dynamic team of data engineers and analytics professionals, support a suite of products that cater to a wide variety of customers and develop and execute the strategy for an in-house analytics product as well as a revenue generating commercial product.
Our relevant stack includes: Python, Flask, GCP, Terraform, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Drive strategy and manage a first-class Data Engineering & Analytics team that will scale as the company and business grows, identifying and filling any team gaps.
- Develop and execute a strong vision for how business intelligence, analytics, data engineering and data science will collaborate on roadmap execution.
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters collaboration, open communication and delivering outcomes.
- People manage remote employees; improve team productivity, velocity, refine processes, and create methods to increase efficiency.
- Perform personnel management tasks including performance reviews, compliance with company policies, mentoring, and career growth planning.
- Attract and develop world-class data engineers, analysts and essential team members while building a culture of innovation.
- Train new hires on our best practices, standards, culture, and policies.
- Collaborate with the VP of Engineering, CTO and Analytics Product Lead in setting roadmap priorities to ensure deliverables are met.
- Strategically identify opportunities for improvement of analytical pipelines and data management tools that can enhance data analysis strategies.
- Adding data science layer (forecasting, prediction modeling, analytics suite).
- Evaluate new technologies, tools, and collaborations for high throughput data generation and analysis to address the broader product goals of ReCharge.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 8+ years of relevant experience in fast paced data driven environments
- 3+ years of experience leading, managing and scaling high performing data engineering and analytics teams
- 2+ years of strategic leadership experience in large complex projects involving analytics, BI, data engineering and data science
- Experience working with product teams and different analytics and engineering functions
- Collaborative and inspiring leadership with a track record of attracting and developing exceptional talent
- Demonstrated ability as an effective mentor and coach who understands how to successfully integrate teams of engineers and analysts
- Track record of meeting schedules on time; clearly defining deliverables and timetables
- Exceptional operational skills to maximize team output
- Exceptional analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired
- Experience with managing data science
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.