Since 2009, Recurly has provided enterprise-class recurring billing, revenue optimization, and subscription management services for thousands of businesses worldwide, processing more than 5 billion dollars in transaction volume annually.
We are looking for an energetic and highly skilled team member to help build and extend our innovative, cutting-edge subscription management platform. Our ideal candidate will possess a broad and deep understanding of technology systems, take a thoughtful and proactive approach to communication, and be able to demonstrate an understanding of how elegant software can contribute to business outcomes. For this role, we are looking for a strong and experienced engineer who is comfortable working in multiple languages and frameworks, on multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Delivering high-quality code for features, enhancements, and fixes on schedule
- Developing performant, scalable applications in high-stakes, high-availability environments
- Helping to define technical impacts, recommend best-practices and/or alternate approaches
- Positive participation in an iterative software development methodology and contributing to all phases of the software development lifecycle and support
- Communicating development objectives and status to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrating a willingness to learn and continually refine your business acumen and establish domain/industry expertise
Required Skills and Experience
- Substantial and meaningful professional experience leading the delivery of features in enterprise Ruby and Rails applications
- A “quality-first” mindset, with demonstrable experience producing secure, high-quality code
- Demonstrated capability to deliver committed functionality on schedule
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a willingness to engage proactively, positively, and constructively with peers and stakeholders throughout the organization
- Proactive and positive participation in agile ceremonies and processes, including requirements and solution design sessions, daily stand-ups, grooming, retrospectives, and ticket maintenance
- Self-motivated, and committed to ongoing growth and learning
- Demonstrated ability to work respectfully, positively, and in an ego-free fashion with a cross-disciplinary team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience designing relational database schemas and writing efficient queries
- Experience with user interface design
- Experience with Golang
Recurly, Inc. provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, Asana, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 42 countries.
Offices located in San Francisco, California, Boulder, Colorado, and New Orleans, Louisiana