At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Senior Software Engineer – Insights Platform, Developer Productivity
The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for a highly motivated and skilled Senior Software Engineer to join the Insights Platform Engineering team in Raleigh, NC.. The Insights Platform Engineering team is responsible for delivering two of the most important and innovative Software-as-Service (SaaS) projects at Red Hat, cloud.redhat.com and Red Hat Insights. In this role, you will work as a member of a team focused around amplifying and accelerating the ability of internal developers of the cloud.redhat.com tech stack to deliver on their core missions in a continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) model. You’ll need to be a full stack software engineer who is passionate about crafting highly usable tools, microservices, and solutions to improve end user productivity and development joy. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also need to excel at and relish the idea of going across tech stacks. Finally, you’ll need to be someone who loves digging into technically challenging problems, is smart, friendly, collaborative, and who loves to learn and teach as both a mentor and a mentee.
Primary job responsibilities
- Define, implement, and deliver automated tools and solutions that maximize developer joy and productivity
- Continuously improve the process of software delivery, from scoping to deployment, while maintaining a sustainable pace
- Develop and operate our Amazon Web Services (AWS) and OpenShift infrastructure, making use of industry standard tooling to automate infrastructure deployment and management
- Design and build tools and systems that automate operational tasks
- Build and deliver tooling that allows developers to easily monitor site availability, reliability, and performance and troubleshoot issues with their live Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a technology-related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in software development and engineering
- Fluent in Python development; 2+ years of experience developing with Python
- Experience with agile and comfortable with rapid iteration and fast delivery
- Comfortable building software deployed as containers
- Experience a distributed version control system like GitHub and GitLab
- Passion for developer efficiency and productivity
- Experience with a public cloud provider like AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Compute Platform
- Experience building and operating CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins and TravisCI
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Experience with the following is considered a plus:
- Building internal developer tools
- Working in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) environment
- Using logging and monitoring tools like Splunk, CloudWatch, and NewRelic
- Developing, deploying, and operating microservices
- Production container orchestration system like Kubernetes, OpenShift, and Amazon ECS
- Using and supporting front-end development frameworks like React and NodeJS
- Open source software
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.