We are looking for a self-motivated hardware certification or software engineer with experience in Linux testing or Linux hardware certification to work as part of a distributed team.
The role involves different tasks including the maintenance of our certification lab, creating/tweaking hardware solutions for automating tests, automating our existing processes, constantly seeking out process improvements, as well as the development of new automated tests.
Required skills and experience
- 3-5 years experience with Linux hardware or equivalent.
- Systems administration knowledge, including setting up network services.
- Previous experience working with Ubuntu or other Linux based products.
- Software or hardware testing experience.
- Strong background in testing methodologies and test automation.
- Hardware design experience.
- Scripting languages programming knowledge.
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self discipline and self motivation, delivering according to a schedule.
- Strong English language communication skills, especially in online environments such as mailing lists and IRC.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience with Python programming.
- Experience working in an agile and/or SCRUM environment.
- Experience with IoT device testing, basic understanding of IoT software stacks
- Be an active member of the Certification team.
- Write test cases and test scripts to test the functionality and performance of all HW systems ( laptops, desktops, gateways) to ensure they continue to be certified even after kernel and other module changes.
- Automate lab processes to allow for quicker testing on devices in the lab.
- Help build a suite of hardware to test device enablement (graphics testing/hotplug, bluetooth testing, etc).
- Update the test coverage in line with changes in the Ubuntu development roadmap and customer/stakeholder requirements.
- Improve existing automated test cases and help develop new test cases.
- Work with hardware partners, the certification team and the development teams to ensure that bug reports are triaged and assigned to the appropriate teams in a highly efficient and effective manner.
- Participate in meetings involving international travel
You’ll love this job if…
- You love testing operating systems on new hardware and you enjoy being surrounded by cables, network switches and lots of hardware platforms running Ubuntu.
- You love developing tools that transform a hard task into an easy one.
- You want to be part of a team that is helping Ubuntu to work better in a wider range of hardware.
- You are excited about the future of IoT and Ubuntu’s role in its adoption.
- You like to build hardware to solve common problems/to make testing easier.
Location: Canonical offices at Taipei (Taiwan)