In this role, you’ll be building and modeling software to drive distributed storage systems. You’ll be engineering solutions to scale in production. You’ll work with our field and product teams to ensure we’re meeting the needs of customers who are looking to adopt cutting-edge technology to solve real-world business challenges.
Applicants should be passionate about the future of the software-defined datacenter, distributed storage systems, and open source. Canonical is a globally-diverse team of engineers who share that passion, and you will need to work well in that context. Engineers who thrive at Canonical are mindful of the dynamics of the open source ecosystem, and equally aware of the needs of large, innovative organizations.
Required skills and experience:
- Professional track record (2+ years) of software engineering using Python, C++, Golang or similar.
- Advanced working knowledge of cloud computing and distributed storage systems.
- Degree-level education in a technology field.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with Linux and the free software world.
- Excellent communication skills in the English language, both verbal and written, especially in online environments such as mailing lists and chat systems.
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of people (both technical and non-technical).
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation, delivering according to a schedule, and to motivate and mentor others to do the same.