Mindflash is looking for smart, driven, enthusiastic software engineers to join our remote product development team. Our core product is a learning management system, delivering online training online so our users can skip the classroom, keep content fresh, and learn from anywhere.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be part of a cross-functional product team delivering new features to our client base of over 500,000 users. Using modern and proven technologies, we’re enabling our product to serve larger customers that demand scalability and security, all while maintaining a stellar user experience. This is a great chance to be part of a growing organization that is dedicated to engineering best practices and processes as well as continually providing opportunities for professional growth.
- Work in two-week agile sprints building new features and enhancing existing areas of the Mindflash product using Node.js, Angular, MySQL, and AWS.
- Contribute to full-stack design and development with a focus on maintainability, usability, scalability, and performance.
- Be a positive influence on the team participating in design reviews, collaborating with other developers on the team, and ensuring adherence to coding and testing standards.
- Work closely with product managers to understand the future business direction with the goal of architecting the platform optimally for feature delivery.
- Contribute ideas and work on solutions to evolve our CI/CD processes and tools.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly with regard to web technologies, microservices, cloud computing (AWS), and automated unit testing.
- 2+ years of experience developing customer-facing software
- Hands-on experience developing in a cloud native stack, preferably AWS, using technologies like Fargate and Lambda
- Hands-on experience working with creating and consuming RESTful web services and APIs
- Hands-on experience with SQL databases (MySQL is a plus)
- Strong computer science fundamentals
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Casual and collaborative remote work environment
- Flexible time off & paid holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with 4% company match
Mindflash is part of Applied Training Systems, which also includes Trakstar, Reviewsnap, and Recruiterbox. Our mission is to deliver the people management platforms that empower the growing companies of tomorrow through tools that help find, train, and motivate great employees. Our products are used today by hundreds of thousands of people and 3,500 organizations around the world. We are a growing, profitable company and are constantly striving to deliver more value to our customers.