Who We Want:
Does enhancing core Bazaarvoice systems that support billions of requests per month excite you? How about sub second API response times for thousands of requests a second? How about evolving services that inform 1.1 Billion shoppers’ purchasing decisions? Every day, the Bazaarvoice engineering team tackles interesting and challenging problems across virtually every major computer science problem domain, and we do it all at a massive scale. Whether you’re interested in server-side Java, UI/UX, massive data-sets, mobile/social, natural language processing, sentiment analysis, or data visualization, we’ve got an opportunity for you. We are interested in individuals who have strong software engineering fundamentals (OO design, test-driven development, unit testing, code reuse, code reviews) as well as hands-on experience with highly scalable distributed systems across the full software lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy, support).
What You’ll Be Doing:
Team Leads at Bazaarvoice drive software initiatives from conception to delivery, while driving engineering best practices and helping mentor talent. In addition, you will be designing and delivering solutions to scale and innovate on the World’s largest Network of Brands and Retailers. From enhancing product matching algorithms to improving tools that connect Consumer Generated Content between brands and retailers, your work will have a direct impact on making BV systems smarter.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years’ experience building software in a professional environment
- Prior technical leadership and/or mentorship experience
- Strong software development knowledge in different programming/scripting languages such as Java, C++, Python, or similar language
- Experience building high-performance, scalable algorithms
- Understanding of Agile / Lean software development methodologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud platform
- You are hands-on and willing to dig into tough problems, willing to explore new areas, learn quickly, and apply your skills to challenging design issues