ScienceLogic is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide high quality technical support on ScienceLogic products for customers, partners and other engineers. Support is provided primarily via incoming telephone calls, email and client generated portal tickets. Are you a self-starter who is always looking for new and creative ways to resolve issues? Then read on.
Technical Support Engineer
Who we are…
The Service Delivery team is composed of groups of highly intelligent and innovative Technical Support Engineers, Professional Service Engineers and Customer Success Managers who are dedicated to delivering a customer experience second to none. Each team member is as unique as the projects we work on, but one thing remains the same – our commitment and passion to delivering cutting edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring.
What you’ll be doing…
We know you love a challenge. And so do we. The entire ScienceLogic team is committed to re-inventing the way organizations everywhere monitor their networks; and as part of the Technical Support team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to provide technical support for our cutting-edge hybrid cloud network monitoring software.
- Provide technical support to ScienceLogic customers by answering telephone calls, replying to emails, and utilize ticketing system in line with departmental measures, with a focus on high quality, accuracy and customer satisfaction
- Document and record all activity and communication with customers according to departmental standards of quality
- Record all activity in the department’s ticketing system, updating cases within SLA guidelines so progress can be tracked with each customer’s incident, viewed via the customer portal.
- Meet or exceed service level requirements and departmental goals for ticket Management, Phone and Email response times, and Customer Satisfaction scores
- Review cases for technical complexity and make recommendations to team members with regards escalation according to departmental Best Practice
- Use and create knowledgebase articles based on new product information, support incidents, and/or common or critical issues
- Adhere to ScienceLogic Support Services best practices
- Participate in departmental projects
- Actively participate in team and departmental meetings by providing feedback on current day to day activity and recommendations for improvement
- Perform hands-on installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of ScienceLogic appliances
- Provide on-call and shift coverage as required
Qualities you possess…
The key to being successful in the Technical Support Engineer role within ScienceLogic is having exceptional troubleshooting skills combined with a passion for providing top notch customer-handling and communication. Those qualities combined with the following requirements will provide you with the tools needed to become a key contributor to the Technical Support team.
- A bachelor degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent work experience
- Strong support, deployment and/or administration experience for enterprise software solutions
- System administration/support experience in Windows and Unix environments with an emphasis on Linux
- Configuration and troubleshooting SNMP based Network/Systems Management platforms
- MySQL Database knowledge is recommended
- Knowledge of scripting, PHP and/or Python is a plus
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Handling customer cases via phone and email systems; on-site experience a plus
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.