We are seeking an ambitious and nice engineering leader who is passionate about creating an ideal environment for humans to build software. We believe that supporting people by investing in the best management, systems, and processes is critical to attracting top talent and building a great product. Our 100% remote setup allows us to recruit from the largest and most diverse pool of skilled engineers. We are looking for people who share this vision, excel at empathizing with their teammates, and have strong problem-solving skills.
The engineering team has been led so far by Kevin Borders, co-founder and co-CEO, who has a highly technical background. We are looking for a VP who can dedicate themselves to the holistic well-being and professional development of a burgeoning group of ambitious engineers, while partnering with Kevin, who will shift toward a CTO role to provide more focused technical leadership. Our goal is to continue improving productivity and happiness while significantly expanding our 15-person team to deliver a wider portfolio of higher-quality products that allow us to take advantage of key strategic opportunities.
- Experience managing a team of software engineers serving multiple functions and stakeholders for a large-scale web application using modern lean development practices
- High degree of empathy and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent at clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Solid understanding of software engineering and code architecture fundamentals, with ability to review full-stack web application code using modern frameworks and quickly learn unfamiliar technologies
- Previous experience rapidly scaling an engineering team at a start-up is a plus